This week has been a mixed bag so far.
Sunday Jim and I drove out to King of Prussia. We ended up with a handful of fun things, a belly full of reasonably priced delicious Italian food, and a Tom Cruise Imax experience. I snapped this little gem while we were sitting on a bench eating gelato. I had coconut. He had raspberry and mango.
Yesterday when I was driving home from Jim's I splatted a butterfly.
I didn't get nearly as upset about it as I expected. It was a beautiful sunny day. It would have been perfect if it hadn't been so damn hot. (Milk was a bad choice)
Work went alright. The coworker that makes my days hellish is out all week. So hurrah for that. Not to mention, I have this picture hanging above my desk now, so that helps.
Jim came over and we had an awesome night of tacos & tales of blackjack on my pull out couch.
I woke up this morning to an awful overcast Tuesday morning. I don't like Tuesday mornings generally and overcast days just make me feel dumpy and off. Not to mention there was a crew of folks outside my apartment running around in the rain, digging holes a little to close to my garden... jack hammering in the street... etc.etc.etc.
I came downstairs to head out to work and found a package with my name on it. It was an amazing surprise which will remain nameless for the time being. That, and a resulting phone call lifted my spirits.
Then, about two hours ago my Dad texted me to inform me that my favorite great Aunt Lena passed away this morning. A good way to break bad news, right? What a tactless cop out. Fuck Dat.
But, an hour and a half ago, I mailed out a check to pay off one of my credit cards. I'm chipping away at my pile o' debt. I've got goals in mind. Monthly minimum payments are cramping my style. I need to knock this shit off and get all my ducks in a row for the bigger better plans. Taking it to Eleven? maybe.
The rest of the week has a few tricks up it sleeve. Tomorrow I have plans to hit up the roller skating rink with a crew of folks (at least that's what it's turning into). Then Thursday it's our three year anniversary. I'm not sure what we're doing yet, but super dope food is sure to be involved. Friday, it sounds like I'm going to have a funeral to go to and Saturday I promised my sister I would help her move. Being six months pregnant and all she shouldn't be lifting shit anyway. Then, if I'm really lucky, I'll be in Boston on Sunday.





1 comment:
up. down. up. down.
yo, that's some yo-yo type business.
like wham! all hangin' on the line like, and that.
nameless delights and medium format polaroids.
that's what i'm talkin' at your face about.
sad aunt news,
roller skate gangbang funtimes.
down. up.
gelato. dead buttaflies.
up. down.
someday, when we're neighbors,
it will be way more ups,
far fewer downs.
james and yourself are always anticipated in a positive manner.
sunday would be nice,
but anytimes are always looked forward to.
i am havin' thoughts.
thoughts about falafel, fryeburg, and fairs.
(pumpkins and apples are abounding up here)
wu-tang, yo.
yeah.
Post a Comment