8.16.2008

shopping list

I got two loads of laundry done at the laundromat today. You have no idea how much dirty clothes I have. I hate going there when there are people in there. People that tend to go to laundromats are sketchy and try to make conversation. I hate polite conversation.

Today when I went though there was a guy there but I went in anyway. (I'm desperate for a clean pair of jeans) As I walked through the door, which is always propped open, I saw he had a dog in there off it's leash. She turned out to be insanely friendly and loving. Her name was GiGi and I was forced to make polite conversation with her owner who turned out not to be sketchy at all. I dropped my stuff in the washer and split and when I went back to put it in the dryer they were still there but they had company, this sketchy guy that walks around town without a shirt on. He looks like this horrendous hippy/grunge guy and he's always eyeballing me. Well, as it turns out (I've never got close enough to him before) he does in fact smell, really really badly AND he's a mental case. He was sitting on the bench inside the Laundromat talking about a CD he had and about how this was a weird time to come up in because people were over being patriotic (in reference to when the CD came out).  At first I thought he was talking to the non creepy dog owner. I changed my stuff over to the dryers and went to split. Mr. Dog Owner was outside and I was saying good bye to the dog and I asked if he knew him. He said not really, but that he's mentally ill, the totally non threatening kind. Sort of made me feel better, but not really. 

Maybe non threatening if you're a middle aged dude with a pitbull mix. 

When I went back all three of them were gone and I realized I'd forgotten one of my socks in the washer. Perhaps that's the what happens to everyone's right sock. They just get left behind. 

Sort of sad, eh?

This is my shopping list for today.

Sour Cream
Bread Crumbs
Eggs
Boca Crumbles
Tomato Sauce
Bacon
Onion
Heavy Cream
Deodorant (mine melted into an unusable shape)

How did saturday turn into errand day? Oh wait, it's probably because I slack off on that stuff all week. 

Regardless, I feel productive but I wish I was at the park.

2 comments:

jimmieknuckles said...

does this mean youre making dinner?

Albie Rock said...

so wait a minute,
'tarded craziness, and non-sketchy animal friends makin' moves to steal your foot fleece?

bacon, too, on that list, yo.
sorry oinks, but the knucks and the bangbangs gotta eat?! hard hearted, ninja.

t-minus one week til bread eatin' and circus watching with your woodsly goodslies.......
be ready.
neither quietly, nor in a soft manner.......
word.